Thursday 5 May 2011

Man Hunt

Where do women of my age meet men? The workplace? The men where I work are either too young, happily married or gay. One is all three. Evening classes? Only women turn up. Through mutual friends? My friends know only married men or those who have some form of social problem. I don't want to take on a care in the community project. So I'm left with dining clubs and on-line dating. I sign up to both and part with a shed-load of cash.

The first dining club event ends up being exactly like a Care in the Community outing. I was the only woman with more than three brain cells, and the men were monosyllabic. For once in my life I didn't eat pudding, and made my excuses and tore home to demolish half a tub of Ben and Jerry's finest ( the one with polar bears in it). That was the best bit of the entire evening.

I go on-line and find the only message from a would be dater lives 4,000 miles away but thinks distance is no object to love. He seems to have rather a lot of issues. I hit the 'no thanks' button and contemplate the second half of the tub of B and J, but virtuously resist temptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment