Wednesday 25 May 2011

Prospective dates.

I get a message from a prospective on-line date. He's keen. Too keen. "Let's meet for dinner on Tuesday", and he names a restauant a million miles across London from me. He has no picture, and says very little about himself on his profile. So all I can deduce is that he is someone who wants to date women who are prepared to date a total nutcase.

I send an email back saying "Thanks, but no thanks to dinner on Tuesday" and give a couple of reasons (quite apart from the fact that my book group meets on Tuesdays where at least I am guaranteed good company and good conversation). I receive a petulant e-mail back saying he thought I would be fun and adventurous and would therefore enjoy a spontaneous evening. I don't think it will help to tell him that a spontaneous evening can result in having your body cut up in to little pieces and dumped in the River Thames. OK, that may not be highly likely, but a needy insecure man is a serious possibility. Oh yes, it turns out the restaurant mentioned is three yards away from his flat. Great!

I think it's time to end this correspondence, and almost straightaway a message from another guy zooms in. He claims to be a young looking 53. I'd put him at 65 plus. He has a moustache, and likes dancing. he doesn't seem to have any other interests. I hate dancing. I hate moustaches so it's a "no" from me. I press the "thanks but no thanks" button.

No comments:

Post a Comment